The name Hartley's has become synonymous with quality bicycles for generations of local families.
And, it's no wonder. Hartley's Cycles Shop has been serving customers for over 52 years since first setting up inventory in the basement of Charlie Hartley's house on Thurlow Street in 1958.
The shop quickly expanded to an alley location on Harrison Place until 1973, the year the business moved to it's current site at 24 W. Hinsdale Ave.
A lot has changed since then, but the attention to detail, quality products and customer service remains the same. When Charlie Hartley retired 16 years ago, his son Ken purchased the family business after 25 years in corporate America as chief financial officer for different companies. The younger Hartley was trained by the best, working for his father from third grade through high school and occasionally in college.
We carry bike brands Bianchi, Electra, Giant, Surly, and Cannondale bicycles.